Read in your language!

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

My Go-To Party Setups in Tales Games

So as I've mentioned a few times before, since everyone has their own play styles and because everyone has different tastes and such, we all kind of have different go-to party setups in the Tales games. I have played far from all of the games (But I'm very sure I'll be getting Zestiria today so that I can play it after I platinum Xillia 2) but I've played a nice amount, in my opinion. The same ex-friend who got me into Fire Emblem also got me into Tales so I should be thanking him again for introducing me to this wonderful series. Anyways, this won't be super-long but let's get started. Also, just to note, I'm comfortable using any character in my party and am able to switch characters around if need be, so I've definitely used them all in my parties. Just wanted to clarify.

So, my first Tales game was Tales of the Abyss. As I love playing as a character that goes up close and personal with enemies, and dislikes standing in the back of the action, I typically control Luke, and I like having a character that can use artes or physical attacks, so Tear is also always in my party. I enjoy putting another magic user in the party, one who primarily uses artes to deal a lot of damage, so Jade sits in the back, while I use my last slot to place Guy in, going toe-to-toe with enemies alongside Luke (me). I've just never found Anise or Natalia to be all that helpful when I've used them, but maybe if I put more effort into them, they could become amazing, you know?

My next game was Tales of Symphonia, which I still enjoy a lot (and have nightmares about the time I did 3 playthroughs in a couple days to get those last items in the Collector's Book and get those trophies...), and as stated with my preference, I play as Lloyd, while typically using Kratos/Zelos to fight alongside me, as well as Colette for her light-based artes, and Raine for her healing prowess. Depending on the situation, I can easily switch Zelos/Kratos for Regal or Presea if need be, or even Sheena if it calls for it, like when you face the Summon Spirits. It's never failed me with that setup, ever.

Next on the list is Tales of Legendia, one of my personal favorites, despite only being able to borrow it from my friend. Since I never really got far into Character Stories in post game, my typical party was myself controlling Senel, with help from Chloe, Norma, and Will. I think this is what actually started my current play style, as I never wanted to change these guys once they were helping me out so much. So much fun though, a shame they won't port it or anything, I'd love to play it again.

Next, going in order, would be Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Since they're basically required, Emil and Marta are always in the team, with the other 2 slots being widely varied depending on the situations at hand. On the one hand, if the Symphonia cast are stronger than my monsters, they'd go in, but if my monsters are stronger, they'll be in the slots, and it's all varied and changes based on everything going on, so it's a lot of fun to mix and match, you know?

Jumping ahead, we have Tales of Graces f, and, no surprise, I always control Asbel, while keeping Sophie and Cheria within my party, and filling the "all arte" role with Pascal, because her artes and magic skills are broken and she's amazing. Like seriously, she just destroys everything, have you ever seen it? She's a must-have in your party.

Second to last, we have Tales of Xillia. My party probably seems a bit boring, as I always stick Jude and Milla in it, with myself playing as Jude, while getting magic support from Rowen, and magic/healing support from Elize. Again, this setup has never failed me, and I don't see it failing me.

Lastly, we have Xillia 2, in which I always play as Ludger, but my party is always shifting based on what's going on and where I'm at, but if I had to make a default party, I'd probably keep it similar to Xillia 1, with Gaius replacing Milla just as Ludger replaces Jude, and throwing in Rowen and Elize for support.

I have yet to play Zestiria, but I can definitely say that I'd be playing as Sorey, and I'd like Lailah and Zaveid in my party, and as for the last slot, well.. depends on how I come to like Dezel, Rose, Mikleo, Edna, and Alisha (even though Alisha leaves the party at some point. Heard all about that controversy) but I know I'll love it either way!

And that's really it for now, until I play more games. I'm sorry this post seems so.. boring, I'm leaving to see my best friend soon, so I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I know I will!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment