Read in your language!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

More Fakemon Fanart!

So, seeing as I worked super hard on this drawing last night and this afternoon, I felt it appropriate to show off a bit, since I'm honestly very proud of this piece of art! But first, let me recap:

So, as I'm sure all of you remember, I've done a few shoutouts for one of my friends who's been dabbling in Fakemon stuff for 6 months now, and she's only been getting better. Her art style has stayed the same, but her coloring and technique have gotten better. She's been revamping all of the designs for her Britannia Region, to show off better colors and just have an overall better look.

For today's piece of art, I'm showing you something that I wanted to make for her, featuring the Governor (The Gym Leaders/Kahunas of her region) based on her, Aalis, the Fairy-type Governor, and I even attempted shading and making it as accurate to the Sun and Moon battle into as I possibly could, with some minor mistakes, naturally. Take a look:

As you can see, I was attempting to draw Aalis based on the Sun and Moon style, right down to the text box and Poké Ball indicator. Of course, I has to compromise due to how Pokémon Art Academy works. I wasn't about to take the picture, go to Paint, and add the text. I wanted it to be.. well I don't know the proper word besides authentic, but I felt that if I didn't write it myself, I'd be disappointed in myself. Because the Outline layer and the other layer are all I have, I had to fix the text so that it wasn't going into the outline and therefore becoming, well, unreadable. If anything, I should have drawn the lower section with just marker so that it would fade more with the opacity of the text box, but ah well, no big deal. The background needs more yellow, but that can be excused. I'm not the best with shading, but I did my best to shade it as nice as I could. Overall, I think I did a nice job on the picture, and I really think I outdid myself.

As usual, if you'd like to check her out and see her Fakemon, or even offer suggestions to her, or anything else having to do with Fakemon, you can check out her deviantArt in the link provided just below. I'll see you all again soon!


Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment