Read in your language!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Taz Wanted

So I guess you could call this a guilty pleasure game for me. I'm not ashamed of loving it, it's just so much fun! Looney Tunes was another of those cartoons I loved so much while I was growing up. I'm a big sucker for slapstick, honestly. But this game just has so much charm, honestly.

Firstly, I do enjoy what appears to be the cel-shaded style, to make Taz and other characters stand out more. I love the little touch they did with the music, where it becomes more loud and crazy while you're spinning around, then very quiet and delicate while you're tiptoeing around. It's a small detail, but small details are sometimes wonderful when they're done correctly.

I love destroying stuff while spinning around and collecting yummy sandwiches. In a sense, it's a collect-a-thon with objectives to complete. Finishing these additional tasks, such as finding the Golden Yosemite Sam statue, adds to your bounty (or I guess your overall score? Not too sure what it's meant to represent honestly) and, if I remember correctly, eating all of the sandwiches gets you one step closer to unlocking a mini game to play outside each hub area.

It's a fun, charming game, and was put on a few systems. I just have the GameCube version but I love this game so much. I never get sick of it and it always finds some new way to make me smile and laugh when I play it, it just has that fun Looney Tunes quality I always enjoy. If you can ever find this game, definitely give it a try. You may not like is as much as I do, but you'll definitely be in for a silly time.

Thanks for reading as always. GameCube week continues tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday so keep your eyes peeled for more in the coming days. I'll see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment