Read in your language!

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Sonic Generations

As a huge Sonic fan, you can imagine that I was very happy to see a new Sonic game, especially after having so much fun previously with Sonic Colors. The real kicker for me was the 2nd Sonic, or Classic Sonic, if you will. After later learning that this game would feature levels from games new and old, I was even more excited. I'd played a lot of Sonic growing up, so seeing familiar levels with a bit of fresh breath in them seemed to be refreshing. And I wasn't wrong, nor was I disappointed.

The game incorporates 3 different eras of Sonic's gaming career, with 3 levels in each. In Act 1, you control Classic Sonic for a 2D version of the level, much like the classic Sonic games, while Act 2 has Modern Sonic blowing through 3D versions of the levels at high speeds, much like Sonic Unleashed or Sonic Colors. The eras consist of the Genesis Era (Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3), the Dreamcast Era (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes. Heroes isn't a Dreamcast game but ah well, all 3 were also on GameCube so GameCube Era could also be appropriate.), and the Modern Era (Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Colors), Each era has its own boss at the end, which pertains to one of the levels you go to in each era. So for example, the Dreamcast Era's boss is Perfect Chaos from Sonic Adventure.

This game just... It's so much fun, and I always have fun playing it again, and I love seeing videos of many different level mods on YouTube, because they're so creative, from the level designs to the Generations-themed music remixes, everything is amazing. It's also just nice to play a different look for different levels, like playing through Chemical Plant Zone in a 3D experience, or playing through Crisis City in a strictly 2D space (I was going to say Planet Wisp but Colors has 3D and 2D sections throughout so it would have been a bad example.)

I'll be honest, I wish there were more eras or more levels in general. I would have loved seeing Sonic 3D Blast stages, or maybe even stages from Sonic and The Secret Rings or Sonic and The Black Knight, because I really enjoy those games. But that's okay, this game is still wonderful no matter what. And it's the first PS3 game I have received trophies with timestamps on them, so all of my recorded trophies start with Sonic Generations.

Thanks so much for reading, as always, and I appreciate your continued support! I hope you look forward to tomorrow's guide on this game, and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment