Read in your language!

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Fairly Odd Parents: Breakin' Da Rules

Boy I am just going through Nickelodeon games left and right aren't I? But hey, they're fun to me, so it counts. So I haven't seen much of Fairly Odd Parents since I saw "Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" and that was supposed to be the finale of the series, but then it got to stay on the air, most likely because it's like.. the 2nd longest running show on Nickelodeon still, just under SpongeBob himself, but I digress.

So, much like Rocket Power: Beach Bandits, this is one of those games I always enjoy going back to and replaying. I know part of it is because of the fact that I could never get past an early level because my old controller didn't register vertical movement as well as horizontal, so for the ending part of the level "A Badge Too Far," I couldn't outrun Vicky to the end of the stage after a certain part as the downward movement I was going at wasn't enough to avoid losing my lives. Frustrating, honestly. But the fault was on the controller, and also probably on me because I probably should have pushes harder on the stick, in all honesty, unless I did...? Moving on from that-

As you'd think, some of the levels are inspired from episodes of the show, and it's always nice to see. Plus, of course, you have the voice cast and all of that other amazing stuff you'd want from a game based on a show. This game, of course, is also a platformer, and I enjoy my platformer games a lot. And there's just something about these old games that makes me come back for more. I want to say it's nostalgia, but I want to believe it's something more than that, you know?

But all the same, I love this game a lot and I could probably beat this whole game in a single day if I started early enough. However, my game disc looks like it has a bad-looking scratch so I don't know if I can play it anymore. I sure hope I can. I'll have to try sometime soon. But as always, thanks so much for reading, I appreciate it a lot! Tomorrow's post will most likely be the sequel, Shadow Showdown, so definitely look forward to that. I'll see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment