Read in your language!

Monday, December 12, 2016

Super Mario Sunshine

I still remember the day I rented Mario Sunshine for the first time, as I've mentioned often. Once the first shipment of games came to our Hollywood Video, back when it was still a thing, I was the first in my area to rent the game, I wanted to play it that much! And in the first night of playing for, like... 11 hours, I made it all the way to Serena Beach and was working on the mission with the Boos and getting to the Secret level, AKA the levels where Shadow Mario takes FLUDD from you and you have to rely on your platform skills without the Hover Nozzle to save you.

Of course, that was back when I wasn't too good at games. If I played Sunshine again, 11 hours would generally put me at the point of hunting down the 240 Blue Coins to collect the final 24 Shine Sprites (There's 120 total, 24 are from Blue Coins, so 96 are from the main game). Then again, I love my collect-a-thon games, so that's definitely a reason why I love this game, amongst plenty others.

Every time I come back to it, I have fun, from watching Shadow Mario steal Peach in the beginning, to going through colorful and fun levels with different objectives, to fighting Bowser in the finale at the top of a volcano. I always love coming back to this game to soak up some fun (Wow that was a bad pun)!

No comments:

Post a Comment