Read in your language!

Monday, December 5, 2016

3rd Pokemon Sun Team

This time, the team is lead by Primarina, being the final starter team for Alola. I know this was slated for tomorrow but because I'm having a hard time picking 5 GameCube games for the post, so that will be tomorrow. So let's get going!

Lovely Primarina, it was super fun to use with its amazing Special Attack stat. And I hatched like.. 35 Popplio to get a female, because I honestly just can't see mine being anything but female. It was fun to use and I'm the most glad that this is Popplio's final evolution, as it's one of the most beautiful Pokémon we have, right up there with the likes of Milotic, for example. Since I made the team just after finishing Fire Emblem Fates, I named my Primarina "Azura," because it shares similarities with Azura, like singing, manipulating water, and having the blue colors going on. I love it.

Salandit was unfortunately cut from my first team due to type overlapping, which upset me a lot. When I  learned that its evolution is female only, I thought it was cool, but I definitely dislike gender-exclusive evolutions. Personally I believe that Gardevoir and Gallade are a nice example. Two potential evolutions and the Pokémon itself is 50% either gender. It works a lot, in my opinion. But all the same, Salazzle, besides being very popular on the internet for... reasons, was very fun to use and I love being able to poison any type, including Steel and Poison itself. I wanted a name that sounded seductive, as Salazzle evidently is, so I called it "Noire," which is French for black.

Finishing off our trio of sassy Pokémon, we have Tsareena. Another internet favorite, those legs aren't just for show, they do some good kicking, too. Its signature move, Trop Kick, is not just powerful, but it always lowers the Attack of the opponent, really handy against those hard-hitting Pokémon like Bewear. I called mine "Lilith," as I couldn't think of anything better for it, but it's still a pretty name for a pretty Pokémon.

Bewear grew on me, especially after we saw that it has a pre-evolution, Stufful. It's cute, and it just wants to hug you, even if it's too oblivious to understand that it'll snap you in two with those huge bear arms. But it's a powerhouse, able to take hits and dish them out, especially if its ability is Fluffy, which halves all physical damage, but makes it take more damage from Fire attacks. I named mine "Free Hugs," because the joke is that if it hugs you it'll essentially snap you in two. Poor thing.

Mudsdale was interesting to me, as it's the first horse we've gotten since Kanto, and you'd think there would be more horses since then. But all the same, this Pokémon is a monster, it's really strong, and if it has Stamina, it's pretty bulky. And with Heavy Slam, it can really do a number to Fairy-types. I really like it, it just always looks so upset, which is sad. I called it "Clyde," because I couldn't think of a better name, and since it's a Clydesdale horse, it fits enough for me.

And finally, Togedemaru, one of the Pokémon I had to not pick for my first team, even though it was a very close pick between it and Komala. It's terribly weak to Ground, with its Electric/Steel typing, but it normally has Magnet Rise in its arsenal, allowing it to avoid that awful damage. It's super fast and one of its moves, Zing Zap, has an actually pretty okay chance of making the opponent flinch. It's a physical Discharge, but without the paralysis chance, and this little bugger is a physical attacker, surprisingly. And as if to help even more, it learns Fell Stinger, which, if used properly, will make it a monster on the field. I called mine "Rolly," as I of course had no better ideas.

And that's it for my 3rd team, I'm working on my 4th team right now, and then will take another break from Pokémon stuff. As always, thanks so much for reading and I will see you later! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment