Read in your language!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Pokemon Sun and Moon: Special Demo Version

So, yes, I do know about the data mining that's been happening in other countries from the demo. Yes I have seen a lot, and I do like a lot of what I see, and there's stuff I don't like either, but that's for another day when stuff gets officially revealed, like on our next news day: October 27th.

But that's not why you're here right now, nah, you're here you're here for the demo version that you all probably know about by now, especially after reading up on Serebii or the countless videos from YouTube. Well, I was going to update as I play, but maybe it's better if I play first, then just go through with the text. It's not going to be extremely expansive, but I'll do my best to talk about every thing I can, minus all of the data stuff a lot of people have been talking about. So once it becomes ready for download, I'll get it and we'll have a great time!

So after setting the language, we emerge from our house to find a letter in the mail, with a Greninja in a ball, given to us from some unknown sender. We're asked by our mom to go to Hau'oli City and get their address figured out. We are told that our family moved from the Kanto region, wow! No wonder we have a Meowth at home. So, now that I have control over Sun, it becomes very, quickly, clear that the d-pad does not move you, it's only the Circle Pad now, which I don't mind at all.

A quick look in my menus shows that I have an empty bag and no money, but I have a level 36 Greninja, with the new ability Battle Bond, which makes it transform into Ash-Greninja after it defeats a Pokemon. There's a new bag space, called Free Space. Sounds good for things that can't fit into any category, or get registered, for quick access. Anyways, let's walk around and talk to some people in this place.

But first, a quick check on that Greninja. Turns out, that letter was from Ash Ketchum himself, as the OT says Ash. Clever. Anyways, moving on! As I try to leave, we bump into Hau, who is going to be our traveling partner and rival in the games. He says that his grandpa asked him to come to City Hall. Our mom tells us to explore the city with Hau, who says he's going to show us all the cool stuff. Sounds good to me!

Immediately, we get approached by two Team Skull members! After some words, we enter battle! And immediately the Team Skull music sounds awesome and pretty menacing, actually. This grunt sends out a Yungoos, which is 11 levels lower than our Greninja, so it's not going to last long at all.

After a sweet critical hit, it's over. The grunts go running after getting utterly owned by us, and Hau says to follow him to the Pokemon Center, but I have to explore first! Of note, to start, is a stuffed animal of a blue Granbull in the Police Station. Of course it might be colored blue because of the police, but who knows. Next, a quick stop in the Masalada shop tells us that tthey're pretty addictive. No wonder Hau loves them so much! As I explore Hau'oli, the calm and upbeat music really sinks in, it's very relaxing. As I run through the city, I hear Pokemon cries from distant grassy patches that I can't reach yet, dang it! I wanna battle! But before that, more exploring.

One man tells us that we have to talk to "some weird old guy" to reach Ten Carat Hill. A weird old guy, huh? Guess we'll find out soon. One girl mentions someone named Kahili, who is quite strong in Pokemon battles and if off conquering the world. Sounds like someone is aspiring to be the Champion. Someone else mentions that you can do the island challenge once you turn 11 in Alola. Sounds like we're older than 10 this time, confirmed. Finally, a group of Slowpoke block my way out. Oh well, looks like it's time to meet with Hau.

The new Pokemon Center has a nice calming new remix of the theme. Hau gives us a Super Potion, which now heals 60 HP, ten more than before. The Center has two shops, the one on the right is the obvious Mart, we we're used to by now. Then there's one on the left, which appears to be a cafe. The lady mentions the owner is looking for the finest ingredients and will be back in a month. How clever, since the game drops in a month. As we leave, we meet with Professor Kukui, who asks if we want to go through a trial to make ourselves stronger, which we definitely accept. He tells us that the trial is on Ten Carat Hill, so away we go!

The place looks lovely, and I see grass patches in front of me. Again with the lovely music here as well. As we approach Kukui, he says how Wild Pokemon will attack us as we walk through grass. He tells us to come inside the hill for the trial, but first, some Pokemon battles, to see what's here! First I come across little Pikipek, just hanging around in the grass. Then I come across another one. After one more encounter, I find a Yungoos waiting for us. A man tells us that Dragon types wait for us in the trial, which sounds awesome! Suddenly I find Rockruff in the wild! Dang it, I wish I had some Pokeballs because I want my rock puppy! We're next told that when you meet eyes with a Trainer, it's go time, and the camera pans to show us a Trainer in waiting near the cave entrance. As we approach, the screen gets slighty darker and the music hushes slightly, to show us that this person will battle us if we cross their path, which we must! Stepping into their line of sight initiates a battle with Youngster Honus! And there's that wonderful Trainer music I love so much, too.

He sends out a Rockruff- not again! Don't force me to defeat my rock puppy! Sadly, I must, and I do. Time to head into the cave. Inside, we meet Kukui, who has a Pikachu with him. He tells us there are four Pokemon here, two Jangmo-o and two Hakamo-o. Our job is to photograph them. He gives us the Poke Finder so we can snap pictures. It's in the shape of the Rotom Dex. Kukui lends us his Pikachu to use with Greninja. He tells us to find Jangmo-o first.

We're told we can move the camera with the Circle Pad and use R or A to snap a picture. You have 6 pictures before you run out of space each time you open the Finder. You can also use gyro controls but I won't do that here. But after snapping the picture, I startled the poor Jangmo-o and it attacks! Kukui tells us that snapping pictures of it will make it attack us. Thanks for the info ahead of time, cousin. We do battle with another one quickly. That takes care of Jangmo-o, now to deal with its evolution. As with its predecessor, Hakamo-o attacks! One more to go! Sounds like the last one is outside, so away we go.

This one turns out to be a huge Totem Hakamo-o! Its Special Defense went up and now it's time to fight! After one attack, it calls for aid, and a Rockruff appears beside it! Time for that Ash-Greninja fun, it seems. I deal with Rockruff, and now Greninja transforms!  I defeat our Totem opponent next and Greninja levels up! Kukui appears and gives us the Z-Ring as a gift, along with the Electrium Z, the Electric Z-Cryst! Hau appears and congratulates us before showing us we were being followed by Team Skull grunts and Plumeria, the Team Skull Admin, who promptly challenges us to a battle!

Kukui asks if we're going to use Ash-Greninja or Pikachu and its Z-Move.  I should probably use the Z-Power, for the sake of it. In fact, Pikachu gets sent out against her Golbat. Fitting. Time to use Gigavolt Havoc! As expected, Golbat goes down in just one hit, and Plumeria is defeated. Pikachu then goes back to Kukui, and Hau tells us that he wants to show us to the Masalada Shop, of course.  The game saves and a quick little video plays, saying that there's much more in the full game. It's over.

You can re-enter the demo several times like in the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire demo, and bring gifts to the game when it comes out.

I had a ton of fun, this demo rocks! I hope you all try it out and have some fun with it, because I know I will. Thanks for reading and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment