Read in your language!

Monday, October 10, 2016

My Starter Pokemon Choices and Why

Late and brief post tonight, it's super chilly and my hands feel like icicles so let's get going!

In Kanto I always pick Bulbasaur, not just for the early advantage, but I always loved everything about it, and Ash's Bulbasaur was always pretty tough and cool, in my opinion. Plus, the Poison secondary typing is useful in a lot of ways, as well as being in my top 5 favorite types.

Cyndaquil I already talked about in a much earlier blog post, since it's so special to me that I gave it its own post.

In Hoenn I always grab Mudkip, because I have a lot of memories with it, especially when I brought my Swampert into Pokemon Colosseum, and it's just adorable with its derpy little face. Also I liked Mudkip before the meme started. *casually dons Hipster Glasses*

Another kind of anime inspiration, Chimchar was that Pokemon that always did its best no matter what, and all it wanted to do was be strong for Paul (and later Ash.). Chimchar was always fun to use and a blast to journey with.

Snivy is my big choice for Unova, jumping to my top 3 starter spot with Mudkip and being really important to me as a Trainer. I love how smug it is and all of the memes about Snivy make me laugh. I always look forward to getting that Serperior.

Froakie was actually the only starter I saw  myself using in Kalos, and boy was it a fun journey. One day I actually will try to hatch a shiny one, if only to get that sweet red and black Greninja!

And as with Cyndaquil, I have talked about Litten a lot so check other posts for the fire kitty.

Bonus, here are my nicknames for all of these buddies of mine:
Bulbasaur - Petals
Cyndaquil - Cinders
Mudkip - Kipper
Chimchar - Charcoal
Snivy - Coils
Froakie - Gaiden
Litten - Smokey

No comments:

Post a Comment