Read in your language!

Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Huge Sun and Moon Reveal Today!

So, let's not waste any time because we got a slew of new Pokémon to talk about, let's go!

So first we have Decidueye, the final evolution of Rowlet. It sheds off its Flying typing to become Grass/Ghost, the 5th Pokémon to be this type after Phantump and Trevenant, and Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist. It gains a new signature move: Spirit Shackle, which prevents enemies from switching out, as well as dealing damage at the same time. It's, essentially, a damaging Mean Look. This, of course, is one of the evolutions shown in that original Chinese Leak months and months ago, so you can easily see where this is going next, right? I really like how it looks, I think it looks really cool and if I had picked Rowlet, I definitely wouldn't be let down by this final evolution.

So next is Incineroar, Litten's final stage, and a very huge deal for me, as a Litten-chooser. When I saw the leaks, I hoped this wouldn't be real, because I couldn't see a small cat turn into a wrestler. And when I saw Torracat, I had more hopes. Hell, even when those data mine leaks came out and showed the Pokedex pictures, I was still hoping, even though the evidence was against me. I finally came to terms with it, and after getting used to it, it's not so bad. The biggest thing was hoping it wouldn't be ANOTHER Fire/Fighting type. Well, guess what, it's not! It's Fire/Dark, the exact typing I was hoping Litten would eventually become, so I'm so happy about it! It gains a signature move: Darkest Lariat, which does damage and ignores any and all stat changes. Sounds terrifying if you ask me.

Finally, of the starters, we have Primarina, a Water/Fairy type that Popplio will eventually become. Out of all 3, this is the one I was actually really hoping Popplio would become. It's very pretty and also really cute and I just love the design. Plus, I just KNEW Popplio would end up as a Water/Fairy, it made sense. As with the others, Primarina gains a signature move: Sparkling Aria, which does Water damage, but also heals the target of a Burn if it's afflicted with that condition. It sounds like it could definitely be useful in certain conditions. Not sure which conditions, but I'm sure we'll find out.

This is Tapu Lele, the Island Guardian of Akala Island. It is Psychic/Fairy. Much like Tapu Koko, it has its own Surge-based ability, this one being Psychic Surge, which uses Psychic Terrain. It prevents priority moves, go figure. Not much to say about Tapu Lele, but it's really cute, honestly. Each Tapu also shares a unique Z-Move, called Guardian of Alola, which looks really awesome!

This is Tapu Bulu, the Grass/Fairy Guardian of Ula'ula Island. This one has Grassy Surge, which brings out Grassy Terrain. I like the overall look to it, it reminds me of a boar or maybe even a bull. I honestly thought it might be Fire type, just based on the colors alone, but nope, it's Grass/Fairy. Not bad, not bad.

Finally, we have Tapu Fini, the Water/Fairy Guardian of Poni Island. This one has Misty Surge, which brings out Fairy Terrain, by the look of it in the trailer. I think this one looks really pretty honestly. I think the motif that everyone thinks is a dolphin, or at least something dolphin-like. I don't know, but I like all of the Tapu Pokémon.

This is Cosmog, a Psychic type with the ability Unaware. Literally that's all we know, other than flavor text about it, stating that Aether is researching it and if you show any consideration, this little guy likes you a lot. I think it's adorable, simple as that, I really like this little guy.

Finally, the last Pokémon shown, Alola Persian, which looks rather ugly in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. It's pure Dark with the abilities Technician and Fur Coat. Maybe it's just the angle of the artwork, but it just has such a fat face. On the other hand, though, its face almost reminds me of something straight out of a Ghibli film, so there's that.

The next and probably the biggest part is the new Battle Tree! In the game, they're working on creating a Pokémon League. Most likely this is part of your post game. Champions of the Island Trials, as well as people strong enough to be Island Champs, as well as other champs from other regions, can come to this place to test their strength. In the trailer, we see that you can battle Cynthia, the champion of Sinnoh, as well as Wally, your other rival in Hoenn. And you can recruit them to battle other Trainers in the Tree. The biggest thing, in my opinion, is that Blue and Red, the prodigies of Kanto, also appear, with new Alola-appropriate attire, and can be battled. Red is, of course, silent as ever. This sounds like out Battle Maison/Battle Resort post-game stuff found in Gen 6. I love the concept of battling older Champions though, that was something I enjoyed a lot in Gen 5, especially with the Pokémon World Tournament in Black and White 2.

And that's it for this Pokémon news batch, a lot of awesome stuff was shown off today and I can't wait to see what else they show us as we close out on October and get into November. Thanks so much for reading this far, I appreciate it so much, and I always appreciate your time. I'll be making a new poll after next week's trophy guide on Rune Factory, so keep an eye out for that. Thanks again and as always, I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment