Read in your language!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Let me just say that I was extremely excited when I heard that, after so long since Sly 3, they were making another Sly Cooper game. And everything about it was amazing, especially the updated art style, which makes the characters have a more.. anthro-like style to them. Another thing I like that they did was give the characters some real animation to them. As much as I like the charm of the choppy movements used in Sly 2 and 3, seeing real animations being used in Sly 4 was a lot more fun to look at. The lip-synching was better, the characters have better facial expressions, especially during the talks through the Binocucom, and it just feels all-around better.

I love exploring the hub areas of each episode, and I love how there's more to do. It adds a lot of things that I felt that Sly 2 really nailed, such as the clue bottles and safes (even if finding some of those bottles is a pain.), as well as treasures that you have to return to the Safe House within a time limit, as well as not being harmed while carrying it. Also, there are 60 Sly masks to find! The masks give you small cosmetic cheats, such as being able to put Sly, Murray, Bentley, and Carmelita in new costumes (only one for each), as well as new weapons, such as Sly's cane being replaced with the Omniwrench, which belongs to Ratchet from his titular Ratchet & Clank series. It's a fun collect-a-thon setup, even if it can be tedious and frustrating at times.

One cool thing I like is being able to play as Carmelita, and not have her usage being linked to just a few missions. She never has any jobs that she has to start, but once you have her in the gang you can play as her whenever you want to. She even has abilities that you can get in ThiefNet when you reach proper points in the game, which is awesome. The other cool thing is being able to play as Sly's ancestors in each Episode, each with their own unique abilities, besides being able to do everything that Sly can, such as spire jump, climb ropes, etc. It really makes for a fun experience.

That's really all I have to say on Sly 4. If you haven't played it, I HIGHLY suggest you download the demo in the PlayStation Store, as it'll be well-worth the time, and when I played the demo, it felt like playing any old Sly Cooper game. In other words,  I felt right at home while playing it. I hope you look forward to tomorrow's trophy guide on Sly 4, and I will see you again soon!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment