Read in your language!

Monday, May 8, 2017

Bomberman Generation

So I have a lot of fond times playing this game (And Jetters, but we'll get to that one another day) because of how just how much I played it. There was a time where I traded this game in - and I still don't know why I tend to trade in games that I have a lot of fun playing. Like.. I don't know what I'm thinking when I do that. But then a couple years later, I got a copy of the game again, so now I own it once more, and this time I'm not going to get rid of it.

It's a straightforward game, mostly, just go from point A to point B and defeat enemies along the way, fighting a miniboss at the end of each stage, and every 3rd and 6th stage having a Crush Bomber and Area Boss, respectively. And as you play through, there are plenty of secrets and out-of-the-way things that you won't be able to do on your first run. This is because some areas require having bomb upgrades or certain Charaboms in order to reach the secret places, which gives nearly each stage some replayability as you attempt to collect every item and every Lightning Card.

Speaking of Charaboms, I still, to this day, don't fully understand the battle system, so I just send in whatever Charabom is strongest to battle the other one, or the strongest one that's strongest against the element the opposing Charabom possesses. It's silly and fast and I enjoy it.

Also dotted along the stages are minigames to collect bomb-merging items. They're short and fun little distractions, but let me tell you that your thumb might start hurting from the amount of A-button presses you have to rapidly do for some of them (or your fingers, depending on how you mash the A button rapidly), but they're still quick and fun, so you don't waste a ton of time doing them.

And finally, real quick, what do the Lightning Cards do? Well, nothing, really, unless you'd like to play as Max in multiplayer mode. But if you want to be a completionist, you have to get 'em all.

But I love this game and it's one of my favorites on the GameCube. Thanks for reading and I'll see you again soon!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment