Read in your language!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Yoshi's Story

Another game that manages to be super adorable, much like Kirby 64, in my opinion. Then again, Yoshi has always been pretty cute. Another game that I only rented, but then later owned at some point. I love replaying this game every now and then if I want to have some nice, happy vibes.

I love the branching-path-like system they have, where, despite everything eventually leading to the same finale, the different levels make it a lot of fun. Every page on the map has a choice of 1-4, with each number being a different level in the page. It makes it fun because you won't have to go through the same levels in each playthrough you do. They even color-code the cubes to let you know what levels you've played and which ones you haven't played. It's a nice little system.

I always loved the aesthetic of the game, where all of the music is joyful and cute, and the scenery is made of cardboard. Even as you go from screen to screen, the page turns, really bringing the feeling of being in a storybook - or a pop-up book, to be more accurate.

I also always had fun hunting the secret Black and White Yoshis, because, well, they aren't there from the start. They don't do anything important, they're just additional silly colors for you to use if you have a preferred color you like. Again, it's such a peaceful and fun game, it can really take the stress off.

But that's all for Yoshi's Story. I haven't played it in some time, but I always have fun whenever I do come back to it. Thanks so much for reading, and I'll see you all again soon.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment