Read in your language!

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Platinum Tales - Assassin's Creed II

My first platinum trophy, earned way back in September of 2011. Man that was almost 6 years ago, huh? For the most part, the trophies in this game weren't difficult to get. 18/51 of the trophies are story-related, the ones that aren't story-related aren't too difficult, save for just a couple of them. Let me run down the list and explain them.

Street Cleaner, which asks you to place 5 dead bodies in a bale of hay, is pretty easy. In fact, that might have been the first trophy I got that wasn't the story-related stuff. Once I could, I simply killed 5 guards and hid them away. Easy.

Venetian Gladiator, I can see your house from here!, Hallowed be thy name, Prison Escape, and Choir Boy all relate to going through Assassin Tombs, which I always made sure to find asap, as I always try hard for 100% completion, so these weren't anything difficult for me.

Assassin For Hire, Macho Man, and Steal Home all relate to optional things, and because they're optional, I went for them as fast as I could. Assassination contracts, defending the honor of women, and racing a thief were all easy for me.

Maybe I should just go down the list in order now, huh? My fault, let's see...

Myth Maker, which has you find all 8 statues in Monteriggioni, was more difficult as I couldn't clearly see the statues, so I know I needed to find a video to locate them all. Vitruvian Man was a long process, having to not just find all of Subject 16's glyphs, but also solving all of them. Again, I will admit that I used videos to help me solve these as I had some difficulty with them. Fly Swatter was pretty easy, as kicking a guard while using the Flying Machine was as simple as moving towards them and attacking.

Messer Sandman was tricky, but with 4 guards around and with some good timing, throwing sand in the faces of 4 guards isn't too bad. Doctor is a little tricky. You have to poison an NPC, then quickly air-assassinate them before they die of poison. Not too hard, but it might take a couple tries if you're not careful. No-hitter was definitely tricky. Killing 10 guards in the same conflict while taking no damage is a little tough, and requires a large amount of guards near you. Some areas are good for this and it really requires you to know how to handle enemies.

Kleptomaniac is easy if you just keep pickpocketing people. 1,000 florins isn't as much as you think it is. Lightning Strike is also easy, as sprinting for 100 meters is easy if there are long stretches of land around you. Sweeper is similar to Messer Sandman, but you have to use a long weapon to trip 5 guards. Not too bad, but you need to have decent timing too.

Show your Colors is linked to In Memory of Petruccio, as you obtain the Auditore Cape after collecting all 100 feathers, which I needed online maps to find as those feathers were really hard to find, in my opinion. Wearing the Auditore Cape in each city is far easier, by comparison. Handy Man was easy as you just have to upgrade one building, and you'll want to upgrade as many as you can, really. I like the view and High Dive are linked, as the Giotto's Campanile is one of the places where you synchronize a viewpoint, and doing a Leap of Faith after is pretty much what you do for every viewpoint.

Mailman isn't too bad, you just have to find a Borgia Courier. Tip of the Iceberg and A Piece of the Puzzle are linked, as scanning a glyph and completing a puzzle go hand-in-hand with each other. Art Connoisseur is pretty easy but you have to get further in the game to reach Venice to buy art. Podesta of Monteriggioni is a longer one as you must reach 80% of the stronghold's value, which takes a while and a lot of money.

Perfect Harmony is easy but you need access to the Wetlands later in the game to get those clothing tints. Red Light Addict is easy, just get more than 5,000 florins and keep spending them on the courtesans. Eventually you'll get it. Man of the People is super-easy, just keep throwing florins down until you get the trophy. And finally, it takes time and money to get all of the things needed for Victory lies in preparation.

Well, I don't know if this is any good or not, but I always had fun playing this game. Maybe sometime I'll revisit it and I'll replay it all the way through for 100% again. I hope you liked this, and thanks for reading as always. I'll see you again soon!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment