Read in your language!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Mario Kart 64

I think I honestly have more Single-Player memories with this one instead of Multiplayer, which is kind of sad in my opinion, but that's okay, because this game is still tons of fun, as I'm sure we all know. I miss playing this game often, though.

I used to play this game a lot with my dad and my sister when we were younger, often times we'd make snack trays and have soda or something while we all had fun messing around. Often I would be the salty one who would throw a Blue Shell near the end to swipe first place, or I'd save some Red Shells until close to the end to secure a higher position. I was.. a very poor sport back then, admittedly, often getting really upset when I didn't win or, I guess, having a minor hissy fit. But in the end, we all had fun.

Something I always love is the silly sounds the characters make, as back then I guess it was more funny to laugh at. Hearing Wario or Toad's cries of agony as you zip by is admittedly funny, especially with the good ol' Doppler Effect making the sounds distorted as you got further from them, which is a very realistic thing for them to put in there, so bravo for silly sounds courtesy of a real thing.

One thing I never really liked in this game, however, was the extreme amount of "rubber-banding." For any of you who don't know, that term is used in racing games where, if you're lagging behind first place, your speed is increased to allow you to catch up with first place and have a chance at overtaking them. Well.. that is used very heavily in this game, as once you hit first place, the other racers will try their absolute hardest to overtake you, and often they will just because of how the game works. No vehicles have different speeds, so it's all a fair race, I suppose.

But all in all, I love this game. I love the memories it gives me, and I just love having fun every time I come back to it, because that's what matters, right? Thanks so much for reading, I hope you guys are enjoying some nice Spring weather right now, and I'll see you again soon.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment