Read in your language!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ed, Edd n' Eddy: Jawbreakers!

Oh boy, does everyone feel the nostalgia yet? Man, oh man, I could go on for ages on how much I love Ed, Edd n' Eddy, which still stands as my favorite cartoon to date. I don't know what it is about it, maybe because I enjoy slapstick humor a lot? Whatever the case may be, I can always find enjoyment in this lovely cartoon, and I wish it was airing still, but the movie was the finale, so ah well. Anyways, that's a story for another time.

So I, of course, needed this game, because it was EEnE. And I enjoyed it a lot. I wish I hadn't traded it in, as I did with many games that I loved so much. But it was a simple, yet fun, platformer in which you had to control all 3 Eds alternatively. Typically, what it boiled down to, was moving the Eds in one direction until you reached a roadblock that could only be tackled by one of your characters, then continuing onwards until you reach the end, tackling more problems.

For example, you might come across a strip of wet cement, which greatly slows your movement. True to the nature of the show and characters, Ed and Eddy can go across it no problem, but Double D won't do it, as he's a law-abiding citizen. So, typically there's a small, alternate way that he can go, or generally Ed or Eddy can go and find a wagon so they can bring Double D across the cement. Humorously, if you jump into it as Double D, it will count as a death, which I always found silly, but again, true to the show.

Each character has specific tools at their disposal they can use, such as Double D having a slingshot and wrench, Eddy has a jetpack and his Hypnotizing Hat, and Ed has a helmet. Also, Eddy can double jump so that's pretty cool huh?

But regardless, it was a fun game, and I enjoyed every time I played it, even if sometimes I entered cheat codes so everybody could have jetpacks and I could just fly through the levels with no problem. Those were the days... But thanks for reading and I will see you tomorrow with more!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment