Read in your language!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Epic Mickey 2

Epic Mickey 2 may not be as ground-breaking as the first title, but I still think this one is a ton of fun. Even if people complain about it, and I don't know what they complain about, I still enjoyed it very much. Was it frustrating? Only a little, for some quests for the Perfectionist trophy, but Oswald's AI was never an issue with me. But it felt like playing the first one again, minus the often-sensitive Wii Remote functionality. But much like the jump from Okami on the Wii, to Okami on the PS3 (Hey, that rhymed!), the change from motion control to using an analog stick really felt better, personally. I felt like I could control it much better. While using Paint/Thinner, Mickey is rooted to his position, almost like when you click the R button to shoot water in Super Mario Sunshine, and you can then freely aim by moving the reticule around the screen.

As for how Oswald behaves, I had zero issues with it. When I needed him to do something, he was pretty responsive. If he wasn't going into the right spot, like maybe he was stuck or something, a good whack fixed the issue pretty fast. Otherwise, everything was smooth sailing.

And of course, the good ol' Junction Points, the quests or points where your choices make a decent enough difference to matter. Typically, they affect small sequences in the ending, where it shows the aftermath of the places you visited based on your choice to help or hinder. I love choice games, because they make me want to play them again for the other sides and different outcomes. I only played this twice, but between helping everyone and befriending my enemies, and then helping nobody and eliminating my enemies, it was a good enough difference to matter, of course.

Thanks for reading, as always, and I hope you look forward to tomorrow's trophy guide! See you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment