Read in your language!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

My Favorite Pokemon from Each Region

*Note that this is only valid until generation 8 eventually comes out, in which my opinions may have changed, namely for gen 7 since I haven't played it yet, but for now it's incredibly valid. Also, it'll just comprise of 4 Pokémon and the starter I always pick. Biased, absolutely, but hey, it's all just my opinion. Nobody says you need to agree with me :)*

Kanto


I've always liked Bulbasaur, especially after seeing Ash's in the anime. It always looked awesome and strong, and just overall cool. It also happens to be half Poison, which is one of my favorite types, and it just has a great amount of usefulness in early Kanto, and even for some other leaders, like Erika and Koga, and even Giovanni. I just really enjoy starting up a Kanto game again and grabbing Bulbasaur, and then promptly destroying Blue right away.

Nidoking has always been just.. awesome. It's that one Pokémon that almost everyone brings up when they think of awesome designs or just an amazing Pokémon. If you ask me, it's a bit over-rated, but it can be forgiven because it really is fun to use and just looks so cool. Last time I played Fire Red, I used a Nidoking, and boy, it didn't disappoint.

I'm always a sucker for Pokémon that look cute or just look kind of fluffy in some way. And for Ninetales, it fits both. It's just an awesome, majestic fire fox- sorry, kitsune. And not only do I enjoy it normally, but its shiny is one I'm glad to be able to have very soon, as I hatched a shiny Vulpix in Y a couple months ago!

Puppies. I love puppies, and I love cats. And if it was real, I would love to own a Growlithe, because just look at it! It's so adorable! And Arcanine is majestic as well, almost like another counterpart to Ninetales and Rapidash. But yep, I do love the doggies, they're just so cute!

Cliché choice, I know, but I'm just a sucker for Eevee. This is one Pokémon I absolutely wish was real, as I would have one as a pet and I would give it all of the love ever! I sound weird, huh? Ah well, just can't beat that kind of cuteness. But I also love how its genetic makeup enables it to become so many different Pokémon.

Johto

There's nothing I need to say about Cyndaquil that I haven't said a million times in the past. This little guy is my all-time favorite Pokémon, and always will be.

Ampharos is a Pokémon that I only started to really like when I used it in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD, but mainly in the latter. It's just.. weird, but I like the weird ones. I also just really love that, when it Mega Evolves, it gains majestic hair, which somehow grants it the Dragon-type, and probably a sponsorship to L'Oréal products.

Before Leafeon took its place, Umbreon used to be my favorite Eevee-lution. Pokémon Colosseum really helped me love Umbreon a lot, besides that Dark is my all-time favorite type. This Pokémon is also one of the favorites of my best friend Jake, so that also makes Umbreon mean a lot to me, like a symbol of the awesome friendship we share.

Skarmory is another one from Colosseum that made me really like it more than I already did. But Skarmory is the last member of my team from my Emerald Nuzlocke I did years ago, under the name of "Dovabird," and it demolished everything and tanked so many hits. Truly a great, and lucky, addition to that team, considering the rarity.

This is the ONLY Legendary Pokémon on this list, but thanks to Pokémon XD, it made me love and adore Lugia so much more, to the point that I always have to nickname it XD001 whenever I obtain it, and remains one of the very few Legendary Pokémon that I actually give a nickname to.

Hoenn




Even before the "Herd u like Mudkipz" meme, I loved this little axolotl. It's so cute and I love its admittedly derpy face. Plus, as it evolves, it gains a Ground typing, making, for example, Wattson a breeze to defeat, especially in ORAS, as Volt Switch can't even touch Marshtomp. I love Mudkip, and it's within my top 3 favorite starters.

So, true story, I never knew how to properly get Shedinja until Emerald, as whenever I tried to evolve Nincada, I either didn't have a spare ball or didn't have a spare slot in my party. The last time I went through Omega Ruby, I used Shedinja and it dominated so much, especially in Tate & Liza's Gym, as Surf couldn't touch it. It was so fun to use, even if it is a literal glass cannon.

This little goblin, my goodness. I don't know why, but Sableye has always stood out to me, and in a good way too. It was always there, standing out in the midst of everything. I always wanted to use one, and I just love its erratic movements, like in Colosseum/XD, or with it's ORAS Mega Evolution, where it has a cheeky, toothy grin on its face all the time.

Another member of the Emerald Nuzlocke, Camerupt was a machine that demolished Flannery and also brought my team some impressive victories. I called it "Piston," because his back sprite's humps reminded me of pistons. Not sure why, but the nickname stuck with me ever since. It's a great Pokémon with a cool Mega Evolution, even if Water does demolish it.

Milotic was always one of those Pokémon that I wanted, but could never have, as Feebas used to be nigh impossible to catch, until Black and White fixed that. White was the first time I got to use a Feebas, especially with the addition of using a Prism Scale to evolve it. And I was always impressed with Milotic. It's a beautiful Pokémon, and I love it a lot. No wonder it's Wallace's signature Pokémon.

Sinnoh

Chimchar is actually the LAST starter I used for my adventures in Diamond, but left the biggest impression on me. Its appearance in the anime wasn't a bad help, either. It just wants to be strong and loved. And even though I do love every Sinnoh final evolution, Infernape just barely beats Empoleon for me, but it's still a win over the evolution I thought was the coolest.

Another anime-inspired one, Pachirisu was too cute in the anime, but ironically it was AFTER I made a team with it in Y that I loved it, and other Pikachu-clones, a lot more. It was fast, strong, and could take some hits, so Pachirisu got my respect. And then after it was used to win Worlds a couple years back, even more respect.

Let's admit two things: 1. Everyone and their brother loves Luxray; and 2. It should have been Electric/Dark. But either way, this beast of a Pokémon is one I regret not using in my Diamond playthroughs, as I know it would have done serious damage, especially as a Luxio against Crasher Wake.

A contender for one of my favorite Pokémon ever, Drapion combines two of my favorite types: Dark and Poison. This makes it weak to Ground, of course, but it is immune to Psychic! And with Fairy type, it takes neutral damage, but can dish out super effective hits - unless you're Klefki or Mawile - but it still remains one of the best Pokémon in Sinnoh for me, hands down.

An often-forgotten Pokémon, Lumineon is one of the prettiest Pokémon out there, especially in the Water family. Had I known more about it in Diamond, I would have definitely used it as my Water type Pokémon, but that's okay, because I used it sometime recently, and it rocked! I was so happy to finally use it in a team, it was fun!

Unova

Ah, good ol' Smugleaf itself. But seriously, Snivy was my 2nd pick for Unova. I originally wanted Oshawott, but after an ex dumped me, with how much she also loved Oshawott, I decided it would remind me of her, so I took Snivy, and I have zero regrets for that choice, because Snivy reminds me of myself, at times. It has an uninterested face sometimes, and just looks impatient. It sort of reminds me of why I love Litten so much. But good ol' Snivy has always been an awesome Pokémon, and a wonderful addition to my journey through my now-2nd favorite region.

Another oft-forgotten Pokémon, Maractus is essentially as rare as Audino is in Black and White, but doesn't have the wonderful experience gain that Audino is good for. Despite that, I used Maractus in my very first EV-Trained team, and it did very well. I was very happy with it, and breeding for those egg moves was tedious, but so worth it.

Gigalith was unobtainable for me in my first run through the game, as I didn't have anybody to easily trade with, nor did I have another gen 5 game to be able to do it myself. But recently, when I played White again in June, I traded with my Black 2 and got Gigalith, and I was so happy to finally use this monster. It's hand-down one of my favorites of Unova, and I have quite a few of them.

So Scrafty was in my first White team, and it was fun to use. But Scrafty became more of a favorite after I discovered a YouTuber by the name of HoodlumScrafty, and he's one of my favorite 'Tubers. I don't know, he's just really funny and his content makes me laugh a lot, and I always enjoy his weird and silly Free-for-Alls (FFAs). So thanks, Callum, you helped me love Scrafty more than I did already!


Let's face it, Zoroark is a big reason we wanted Black and White. Besides being my favorite type and being my favorite colors, what's not to love about it? I love its ability and I love everything about it. Probably within my top 3 for Unova, hands down.

Kalos

I've only played Y once, because I finished the National Pokedex, and therefore I can never erase that file. I refuse to. But I wanted Froakie from the get-go, way before Greninja was even something we had a single clue about. It always looked so derpy and silly, and I thought nobody would pick it, honestly. But then nearly everyone took Froakie, so I didn't feel as unique anymore, but I don't regret picking my little bubble frog buddy.

It's a sword. Literally all that needed to be said before I was sold on Honedge. And once I grabbed it, I got it up to Aegislash, and the rest is history, as Aegislash tore through anything in its path. And its shiny is one of the best shines I've ever seen! It's awesome! Red, black and gold is a wonderful color combination.

Really, it's a huge excuse to call it Panda King, but Pangoro just looked too good to pass up when I first journeyed in Kalos. And it punched things. Very hard. Sadly, the original one I had was traded via GTS in order for me to obtain something I really needed, before Pokémon Bank happened. But that's okay, because I have another, and it punches even harder.

As much as I also love Amaura and Aurorus, nothing can beat a T-Rex with Strong Jaw. This monster pulverized everything in its path, as soon as I reached Clemont. And it chewed up everything it came across, except Fairy Pokémon, of course. But still, it wrecked everything!

Hands down, Dragalge made me want Skrelp, because before I saw this, I leaned towards Clauncher. But this amazing Poison/Dragon was quick to gain my attention, and I got a Skrelp as soon as humanly possible once I could fish for them, and this bad boy took on Valerie, almost all by itself, too.

Alola

I've talked a lot about Litten before, so I won't waste your time talking your... eyes off about it. But I can't wait to unleash all kinds of destruction once it becomes Incineroar!

Now knowing that my rock puppy is found as early as Ten Carat Hill, and at a low level, means I can find it early on. I can't wait to get it and have my Midday Lycanroc form. I loved this little guy ever since it was just Iwanko, shown alongside Komala, then only known as Nekkoala.

Lurantis is just really cute, and it got my undivided attention the moment it was revealed alongside Fomantis. I can't wait to grab one, and eventually face the Totem Lurantis during... Mallow's trial, I believe.

It's a sand castle, it absorbs the life force from Pokémon, then makes more Sandygast minions. This is the definition of creepy and messed up. I love it! It's weird and I just love the weird Pokémon, so this will be a fun one to use. Palossand will be a fun ally!

Type: Null and Silvally can't be in my first team anymore due to some spoilerific reasons, but I'll be sure to grab Type: Null the moment I can so I can use these amazing beasts and see their power!

And those are currently my favorite Pokémon from each region. I just want to say right now that the Animal Crossing blog post is postponed. I just had to send my grandma to the hospital earlier, so I'm really stressed out right now :( But I promise that I'll get it up soon enough. Until then, have a wonderful day/night, and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment