Read in your language!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

5 Gaming Confessions

I meant to put this up earlier, but I needed to rest a little bit, so here I am now, going to tell you all 5 gaming confessions I have. This isn't anything super wacky or anything like that, but it's still a few random, silly things that I like/do with games or what have you. Anyways, let's begin.

1. Challenging Myself
So, I'm not big on games that are super hard, like some fighting games outside of Smash Bros. such as Street Fighter or BlazBlue. However, I really want to nab the platinum trophy for every "Souls" game. This means Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, and Bloodborne (I believe Bloodborne is its own thing but still tough.). I don't know why I feel like I need to become a glutton for punishment with these obviously challenging games, but there's just something about me that wants to do it, like trying to tackle a tough challenge and feel like it could be fun at the same time.

2. All Games in a Series
When I play one game, if there's more, I want them. All of them. A nice example is with Assassin's Creed and Ratchet & Clank. Currently, I own Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed III, and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. I want to get Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, and Liberation HD. It's a LOT.

As for R&C, I have 1, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Deadlocked, Tools of Destruction, A Crack in Time, and Into the Nexus. Again, each one of those has a 100% complete trophy list (Tools of Destruction has no trophy support, though, sadly.).

And even on non-PlayStation games, this is true. I have a lot of Mario games, Zelda, Pokémon, Sonic, etc. I always need the whole series. It's like reading an entire book series, you need 'em all.

3. Unoriginal Town Names
In Animal Crossing, I have NEVER been good at naming my town, ever. A lot of time, I would just name the town Hyrule, as it felt easy to do and it was simple. Hell, even one time in City Folk, I called the town Skyrim. Nowadays, it's always wither Gardenia or Terminus, which are a bit better, but still aren't extremely eye-catching. Then again, some towns in New Leaf aren't exactly amazing either...

4. Credits vs Completion
All my life, I've been able to beat games very fast, with my ability only getting better in time, with practice. For example, it originally took me 6 days to beat Starfox Adventures when I first rented it forever ago. Roughly 2-3 years ago, when I played it again, I beat it in 1.5-2 days, very quickly and easily destroying the story. But then you reach games, like Pokémon, that have no.. true end.

A lot of times, when seeing the credits, my dad would say, "Jeez, you beat it already!?" and I would say, "I just beat the main story, I still have more things to do before I complete it." Of course, some games are done once you hit the credits, so it depends on the game really. Like.. if I beat a game, but I get the Bad Ending instead of the Good Ending, then the game isn't done. I have to achieve the Good End to complete it.

5. Pokémon Spoilers
So, I'm heavily insistent that you do not spoil games for me, especially if I have interest in playing them. The only game where this rule dies is Pokémon, as I only attempt to avoid story/plot-based information. Pokémon? Absolutely. Important Trainers? Sure. Team Leaders, or Elite 4 and Champion? Yes! but I never want the story to be known to me. Small plot points are fine, as long as it's not a ton of important info.

I've seen the leaks and dumps of Sun and Moon recently, I've seen small plot points, every Pokémon, and some music that gives away some elements. I know about the Alola Champion and so on. But that's all okay because it's not extremely important to the plot. Some is, absolutely, but I always spoil Pokémon for myself, and I don't know why it's the odd one out when it comes to spoilers.

Anyways, there's 5 silly gaming confessions. As always, thanks for reading and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment