Read in your language!

Monday, August 29, 2016

The Satisfaction of a Smile

In a small vein similar to Sonic, I might as well stick on that subject a little while longer. So, I mentioned previously that I was caught up in doing sprite work for people as gifts to them. Well, there's a few reasons behind that really.  Mostly it's because I take up spriting here and there to kill time and generally for the fun of it. Another part was from the urge to see if I could make a decent sprite edit of a few characters belonging to a friend. So I gave her main character a try, finished it, and showed it to her. Needless to say, she was super excited, so I did her other 2 characters and she loved all of them. Now of course I'm no master sprite artist, I surely can't make a sprite from scratch. But it's still nice to make something and see someone smile or get happy because of it. So I made a few more as a surprise to people. Everyone has been happy about their gifts. Someone even cried tears of joy because they'd always wanted a sprite of their character, which I subsequently delivered to them.

It's funny, really. My liking of the Sonic series and my wanting to make sprites way in the past ended up starting something I go back to here and there and it makes other people happy. I'm glad it does, they deserve to be happy, even if it's for something small like that. Luckily I learned how to sprite better or mine would still look like gross recolors.

But yeah, something so small ends up as something big for you and something even bigger for people you care about. No matter what you like, if it makes you happy, and you can use it to somehow make others happy, then the smile you get in the end is well worth the effort you go through in order to make it appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment