Read in your language!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Kirby: Planet Robobot Demo

Kirby: Planet Robobot: A game where you're adorable and you smash things with an awesome mech suit!
So, my first blog post. To be honest it's pretty.. I don't know, scary, in a sense. I'm no stranger to putting my thoughts into words for people to read off of a computer screen, phone, or what have you, but to actively talk about gaming and have the hopes that people won't get super annoyed with it sounds pretty fun, but we'll see how it goes, day by day. I guess sine this is the first post I'd like to give a brief look at what you can expect from me on here with these posts.

1. In real life, I, uh... I do tend to curse like a sailor - Sailor Mouth, if you will - and I know that anybody could be reading this, even younger audiences. So as such, I'm going to be as family friendly as possible, and if I intend to curse in any way during these posts, I will leave a nice, big warning so that nobody can say they weren't forewarned.

2. I do like to use emotes or smileys, like "xD" or ":3" or ":P" but I guess it wouldn't fit too well in a whole bunch of blog posts. Maybe when I ease into it, I might let it come out, because it can be difficult to sense positivity or emotion through simple text. Typically I use smileys/emotes as a way to show how I feel so that, if for example, somebody needs clarification that I am happy about something, they see a nice little ":)" or ":D" in the middle of the text, or something like ":(" or ">:(" in other cases.

3. Expect a lot of opinion. But please remember that just because I use my opinion does not mean that what I say is the unanimous opinion or the correct opinion. People can like what they like, as far as I'm concerned. Just respect my opinions and I'll gladly respect yours without question.

But without further ado, and enough talking about myself, let's get on with this post!

So, currently, I have my 3DS open and I've loaded up a demo that I had no idea they had on the eshop, which is Kirby: Planet Robobot. Ever since I saw the reveal trailer, I wanted to play it, but of course I lack the money to get it - not to mention that I also definitely need to buy and get Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe, and the last Kirby game I got was Super Star Ultra, which I loved to death(A very common theme with me and my gaming passion is that I love games. It takes a lot to make me hate a game as I will find at least one reason that I like it and that will be enough for me to say I like it). So I'll play the demo, which I believe is fitting for a first post. The reason? Well.. a demo is like a test, right? It's a small portion of something much bigger, but it whets your appetite for the full experience. I'm using this as a means of testing the waters into making this blog, and just trying my best to entertain others. So, I'll get started, and I'll talk about the levels in this demo. I know this will seem like a review, and I guess it is if I'm going into length to discuss my time playing it, but in a sense, you review games when you talk about them and start placing your opinions into your sentences. Oh well, time to begin the demo!

Normal Stage: So, nothing out of the ordinary for a Kirby game. It's level 1-1, so it's the tutorial. Not to toot my own horn but I'm a pretty good Kirby player so I breezed through it quickly. However, the robot aesthetic looks very nice. All the enemies have some kind of robot feel to them, like Waddle Dees are in tiny mechs, Bronto Burts have robotic eyes, and so on. The boss was this robotic tree monster but since, I guess, it's scripted, you can only run and do zero damage to it. Oh well. At the end, I received a Code Cube, which is supposed to unlock a barrier to the boss. Sounds interesting, and I do love my collectibles in games. So we finish the stage with the usual "Try to reach platform 1 and receive the best prize" game, most likely an extra life with Kirby's happiest little poyo dance. I only made it to platform 3 because I have one hell of a trigger finger when it comes to moments like "Hit this at the right moment to get the best result!" But I had fun. Short level, like most tutorials, but lots of fun. On to the Robobot Stage!

Robobot Stage: So this stage, stage 1-2, starts off like the last, just moving between these colorful Warp Stars until we reach a mini boss: an Invader Mech. After easily dispatching the enemy, it leaves the mech suit behind  as it goes poof. Being Kirby, I jumped in before it told me to and BAM! We're in an awesome mech suit and suddenly it's pink like Kirby! A quick look at the controls quickly states that it works like normal Kirby, just with a few minor differences, like not being able to infinitely float. You scan enemies while near them, and not only do you get their copy ability, but THE MECH SUIT CHANGES TO MATCH THE ABILITY! I think that's amazing! Like, for example, the Fire ability allows you to infinitely shoot fire from the arm of the mech suit, almost as if you were shooting fire from a fire hose. The Cutter ability gives you big saw blades, and holding the button makes them twice as big, and you can shoot in any direction. The Shock ability lets you shoot laser shots in a nice little "Pew! Pew! Pew!" fashion, while holding the button and moving repeatedly lets you charge it into a blue ball of electricity that becomes a cool laser upon releasing the button! So I'm just going along smashing things and getting use of abilities. I grab another Code Cube from a room, and as I return to the right path, I accidentally dropped a platform on my head and died! Heh, oops, guess I was too excited there and wasn't looking where I was slicing. But I continue onward after respawning, constantly punching and making things explode, while doing easy "Rotate the D-Pad/Circle Pad" prompts from things like screws and nuts and bolts. I collect all of the Code Cubes again, as I expect myself to be able to do with any amount of collectibles in a game. This time there were three. I finally reach the end and again do the little post-level minigame and I again only make it to platform 3. Oh well, better luck next time, I guess.

So, now that I finished the demo, I have to say I had a ton of fun with it, and I want to buy this game even more now than I did before. It plays like any Kirby game would, so it's easy to pickup, whether or not you've played a Kirby game or not. I love the robotic feel to everything, I love the music with the slight bit of synthesized sounds, I love the bright and vibrant colors, just everything works so well! If you're a Kirby fan, or want to try something new, I would definitely recommend this demo to you. It's available for free on the 3DS eshop, as with any 3DS demo, and it doesn't take up much space. It has 30 uses so if you want to replay it, you have plenty of chances.

Well, looking at what I just typed, it looks like a review I would type for GameSpot or IGN or something. But, hey, I described my experience with it, and it's my first try at this so it's not going to be perfect of course. But if you made it this far, thank you so much for reading my post, I greatly appreciate it :) If you have any games you'd like me to reminisce about, or any tips/suggestions to help me improve, they are greatly appreciated, and I welcome any and all thoughts about this game/demo if you've played it too. Thank you for reading, hope to talk to you soon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment